Monday, June 4, 2012

MIA & What's to Come

I've been extremely neglectful towards this blog; and I think the fault really comes back to me trying to start a new project at a bad time for me. My decision to start up a second review blog in the middle of my last year of undergraduate studies was a terrible idea; but one that I'm glad I can pick up with now that I'm finished school! :)

So I apologize for my neglect. But I can give you an idea of what to expect here:

This is my second book review blog and because of the nature of this one, it's not going to be nearly as active or frequently updated as my first one. A few reasons being that I have fewer contacts and relationships in the Christian publishing sphere; which is to say, I have less responsibility when it comes to reviewing these books. The large majority of them are ones (at this point in time) are ones I've purchased myself. Secondly, because of what these books are about, I take my time and savour them when I read them. I typically read about a chapter a day or so, so it can sometimes take me a while to finish a book. I like to give my heart and mind time to soak in the message. Fiction books take me a significantly less amount of time to get through.

But here's what you can expect in the future:
Book reviews highlighting only Christian books, including both fiction and non-fiction. You'll most likely find more non-fiction here, but there will be some fiction mixed in as well. I'm still figuring out what my review format will be for these reviews, but I find it takes a little while to get into the swing of things.

Some books you can expect to find reviewed here:
  • Halflings by Heather Burch (Young Adult fiction)
  • First Date by Krista McGee (Young Adult fiction)
  • Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst (Adult non-fiction)
  • You're Already Amazing by Holley Gerth (Adult non-fiction)
  • One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (Adult non-fiction)
And I have a whole pile of new books I've purchased recently that fall under both categories of fiction and non-fiction, both young adult and adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment